General Conference is just around the corner and it is a wonderful opportunity to pass of a value project. Here are 6 ideas you can use:
- Write down a list of questions or concerns about the gospel. As you listen to speakers keep an open ear and heart about your questions. Write down answers you find and impressions you have.
- After you listen to all the conference talks make a book of quotations about Knowledge.
- Review the addresses from the last conference. What did they want you to do then? Now watch the current conference. What do they want you to do know? Compare what they said this time and last time and then do those things.
- Before Conference, in talks given by General Authorities, research the topics of education both spiritual and temporal. Learn why these principles are critical to your happiness and temple preparation. As you listen to Conference create an object (such as a picture, a book of quotations, or a hand-stitched item) that will remind you each day to continue to seek knowledge, especially spiritual.
- During conference write down any time someone mentions their own or someone’s occupation. How were they able to serve the Lord through this occupation? What can you do as you prepare for an occupation to serve the Lord?
- During conference list the ways education, knowledge, or spiritual preparation will help you during your life.