The most wonderful time of the year is commonly referred to as Christmas time but I like to differ. To me this time is General Conference. In fact, it is so wonderful, it happens twice a year!! We get to hear from our beloved prophet and leaders of the Church every six months. I love how everyone hears the same message but we all get something different out of it. Even better is when we receive the messages in the Ensign or on the Church website and we can reread them and study them for our benefit.
If you like these ideas make sure to read about 35 other super cool General Conference value project ideas. (Seriously you should. It has a picture of an adorable pineapple.)
I would love to hear what you think!
This is also a fabulous time to pass off Value projects!
The limits are endless to what you can do with Personal Progress and General Conference. The only thing that stops you is your imagination. I remember one year Sister Dalton, the former General Young Woman President, came to our area just after conference. For my faith project I watched the eight hours of conference, then went to the fireside she was spoke at, and then wrote down my thoughts.
Here are some ideas I have. What others can you think of?
- Watch all four sessions and attend the Woman Broad Cast.
- Pick a specific value and write down any time someone mentions it. (Ways we can incorporate the value in our lives, a scripture or quote they reference, or your own impressions about it.) Then gather your notes and write how you can improve yourself in that value.
- Do #2 but pick a different value for each session.
- Before Conference pick an apostle or member of the presidency and study their talks for the last five (or more) conferences. Take notes on similarities and differences in their talks. Then when you watch their new conference address take notes and compare them to the previous talks.
- This is the same idea as #4 but instead listen for and write down common themes. Write down a common theme in the last five (or more) conferences. Then add new notes when you watch conference.
- Make your own General Conference Jeopardy
- Crochet, knit, embroider, paint something while you watch or listen (I do this almost every time. I find I pay better attention if my hands are doing something.)
- Write down a list of questions or concerns about the gospel. As you listen to speakers keep an open ear and heart about your questions. Write down answers you find and impressions you have.
- Integrity-(Before Conference) In talks given by General Authorities, research the topics of integrity and honesty. Learn why these principles are critical to your happiness and temple preparation. (As you listen to Conference) Create an object (such as a picture, a book of quotations, or a hand-stitched item) that will remind you each day of the commitment to be honest and true at all times and known for your personal integrity.
- After you listen to all the conference talks make a book of quotations. They could all be from the same person, about the same topic, or pick a value to go with it.
- More Faith General Conference Projects
- More Divine Nature General Conference Projects
- More Individual Worth General Conference Projects
- More Knowledge General Conference Projects
- More Choice and Accountability General Conference Projects
- More Good Works General Conference Projects
- More Integrity General Conference Projects
- Faith #1
- Divine Nature #2
- Make your own experience!